Compliance & Control
The focus on compliance and control within the financial sector has never been greater.
At BNP Paribas CIB, Compliance & Control provides integrated, high-standard, internal control frameworks to protect the firm’s assets and reputation around the world. This means an up-to-date appreciation of regulatory frameworks in all territories, and the development and implementation of a compliance and control culture with an emphasis on professional ethics – helping all our teams throughout the business to better understand and further mitigate our risk.
The function is divided into three main areas:
- Compliance – protects the bank against breaches of the law, codes and procedures, and ethics covering issues such as ‘Know Your Customer’, Anti-money laundering legislation, Market Abuse, conflicts of interest and confidentiality of information.
- Oversight of Operational Permanent Control – ensuring the consistency and effectiveness of our control frameworks to identify and mitigate operational risks across all our activities
- Business Continuity Management (BCM) – plans for activity interruptions caused by incidents such as fire, flood, power failure, loss of IT service and staff unavailability to minimize the financial, regulatory, contractual and reputational impacts.
- In addition, Compliance & Control also leads major projects and initiatives to tackle specific governance issues and control themes such as our drive to reduce internal fraud risk.
• Provides a fully integrated, high-quality internal control framework across CIB
• Around 380 staff in 40 countries, predominantly in Europe, the US and Asia