Corporate Finance provides tailored advice and execution covering mergers and acquisitions, primary equity capital market transactions and restructuring to clients including large corporates, financial institutions, financial sponsors, government bodies, mid-caps and family-owned businesses.
- Our Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) teams offer the full range of advisory and tailored transaction services for private and listed companies, fairness opinions, financial restructuring and privatisation.
- Our Equity Capital Markets (ECM) teams specialise in helping firms to raise capital to grow their businesses through flotations (IPOs), rights issues, bought deals and accelerated book building, as well as convertible/exchangeable bond issues and equity-linked transactions.
Corporate Finance at BNP Paribas is organised to provide our clients with the very best combination of specialists according to sector, product orCorporate Finance at BNP Paribas is organised to provide our clients with the very best combination of specialists according to sector, product or geographic region. Our sector-based approach ensures we identify buy and sell opportunities early, and have detailed knowledge of the key players in any sector and their assessment practices.
With global reach we deliver a flexible, focused, responsive approach that maximises opportunities in both developed and emerging markets. Our specialist product teams, including Equity Capital Markets, Advisory to Listed Companies, Restructuring Advisory and Business Valuation, apply their combined expertise and experience to structure, deliver and execute complex transactions.
Much of our work in Corporate Finance is high profile, attracting coverage in the business and financial media.
Corporate Finance Roles
Joining our team you will play an important part in all aspects of Corporate Finance. Graduates experience the entire M&A process – from marketing to execution – as well as helping to advise clients on restructures, Leveraged Buyouts (LBOs), joint ventures and exchange offers. You'll be exposed to a wide range of clients and projects, and will develop your knowledge through your day-to-day experience on the job, as well as from specific training.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- performing accurate financial analysis and valuations by developing quantitative models for LBOs, Discounted Cash flows, multiples and mergers
- preparing presentations and information within the origination and execution framework for M&A and Equity Capital Market transactions
- ensuring deadlines and quality standards are met during the transaction process
You’ll need strong analytical, quantitative and strategic-thinking skills and a good understanding of corporate finance techniques, including modelling, financial analysis and valuation methods.
You'll be a highly motivated team player who is happy to lead and present, and work with various financial databases. It’s rare that you will be allocated to just one project so the ability to juggle multiple, unrelated tasks is important. You'll be a skilled communicator, able to grasp key concepts quickly and think on a strategic level, and you’ll be able to solve problems creatively.
- We serve large and medium-size businesses, governments, financial institutions, private equity sponsors, shareholding families
- One of the first European banks to develop expertise in specific sectors from energy and industrials to media and telecoms to environment and transport
- Offices in key financial centres across Europe, the Americas, Asia and the Middle-East.
- Near 450 professionals employed worldwide across five continents
The awards / rankings
- EMEA Structured Equity House by IFR (Dec 2010)
- #1 equity-linked issues – Europe – bookrunner – Dealogic –2010
- #1 in France – announced and completed deals – Thomson Reuters and Dealogic
- #6 in the UK – announced deals – Bloomberg
- #5 in Asia excl. Japan – completed deals – Thomson Reuters - 2010
- #2 in Middle-East Africa – announced deals – Bloomberg - 2010
- 2010 Cross border deal - Zain-Bharti Airtel by Acquisitions Monthly
- 2010 MENA Advisor by Acquisitions Monthly
- Best M&A House in Kuwait by emeafinance (Nov 2010)
- Best M&A House in Colombia – Euromoney 2010