For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is BNP Paribas of 10 Harewood Avenue, London NW1 6AA.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process data about you including, but not limited to, the following:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on www.graduates.bnpparibas.com ("our site"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, making an application for a position or requesting other services;
- information contained in any correspondence that you may have with us; and
- details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration purposes. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in a number of ways including, but not limited to, the following:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes; and
- to allow you to make an application through our site, and to allow us to consider and respond to such applications.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties including, but not limited to, the following:
- in the event of a sale of our business or its assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective purchaser of such business or assets;
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10.